One of Four

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bennett

Established Member
Reaction score
v

v

This Candle Tray from a pattern of Sheila Landry,is one of four that I have made from the wood that I was given from a very good friend named Keith.They were decorated by my daughter Lynne who received one of them.

Bryan

Graham the wood used was Sapela,I think that is the way that is spelt.I believe that it very similar to mahogany.I am very grateful of receiving the wood,in the past I have mostly used Birch Plywood.To be able to receive wood for free is a bonus,I have made a couple of projects for Keith has a thank you.I will post all three when I have completed the one that I am working on at the moment. :roll:

Bryan

Bryan it must be nice to get a nice piece of wood like that, l have apiece of French oak board that is about 18" wide by 24" long but it is showing signs of dry rot l may be able to cut good section out and make some thing.this is part of the oak
test.jpg

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 605
Hi Graham I am very fortunate to know Keith who works at a timber supplies business,and has told me that I will be receiving woods in different colours.My last supply was some Beech,they were pieces of different thickness,I have used some 6 mm on the project I am making for his daughter.I will post photo when completed.With using proper wood has added an extra joy to this great hobby. :roll:

Happy Days Bryan

Very nice, Bryan. Lovely looking wood. My sister just asked if I can cut a Lambretta scooter out of some nice wood. I'm afraid it will have to be nice PLYwood. :)

Back