OMG - The Return *Gloat Warning*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember this and this? Well the Porcel Farce man rolled up this afternoon - I saw him coming and ran to the door and practically snatched the box from his nerveless grip. Inside my wondering eye beholds paper packaging material - it's cast aside to reveal bubblewrap. Trembling fingers remove the sticky tape and...

127fs728897.jpg

127fs728942.jpg

Ooooooooooooo =P~

As if that wasn't enough, which is it - more than, also (thanks to the mishap to the original parcel) a sliding bevel kit. Tool making excuse! Double Ooooooooo :lol:

127fs729171.jpg

A thousand thank yous to Mike for such a thoughtful parcel and a truly beautiful saw - ain't nobody going to be getting their mitts on this baby but me. And yes, I can take it with me - just watch me :p :D

Grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat, Alf

Oooooooo. Me wants one - but me just bought a LN one - oh no, what to do. :? I don't suppose you'd do a swap? :D

Yeah, good point, yer lordship - I've appended a warning to the subject line for the sensitive and easily dehydrated. :D

Alf

That is very, very toothsome. If those dovetails aren't perfect next time, you'll have no excuses now.

What wood are you going to use for the sliding bevel? Will you embrace or eschew the traditional ebony?

Regards.

I dont like it ( Yeah right ), I think the shock of falling over and hitting my head did that :roll: :shock:

I am not :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , no not me

Alf
That does look lovely, plus I think you just like pushing people down the slope in the nicest way :wink:

I bet it works as well as it looks but have you tried it yet or are you going to do what I might ( if and when I get one [-o< ) is frame it and put it on the wall :oops:

Does that sound sad :? ,but it is nice ( as the dribble runs down my face )

It's a beauty, :mrgreen: I can see it now in it's display case over the mantle piece, I mean putting it in a saw till, tambour door or no, with those other also rans is not on.
At least with that quality you will have some time to practice your filing before you need to caress the teeth. :twisted:
I have visions sometime in the future of weeks of anguish whilst you determine if it is you, the wood, just maybe the saw, no it can't be.... etc. before you pluck up the courage to touch it.
:lol:

Doh. Colin types faster than me.

Now that is a work or art, not a saw :shock:

I am supremely jealous Alf - and more so of your skill mike

He makes a nice saw, doesn't he?

And I wouldn't mind ten minutes alone in his wood stash :)

Not too shabby at all really...all things considered...like I havn't got one and want one right now - Rob

Are you kidding? Within five minutes of letting Mike know it had safely arrived I was taking it for a gentle test drive on my dovetail practice wood. It's a tool - I couldn't be so impolite as to not use it. :D

Might have to make a small shrine for it to live in though... :-k :lol:

To be honest, yes, I did have a moment's hesitation and wondered if somehow I was going to manage to ruin it. But it feels so nice you just automatically look round for something to saw. Incidentally it's also a record holder; first tool TPTBs have suggested should stay in the house for a while. I think even the mantlepiece was mentioned. :shock:

And thanks for mentioning resharpening, Chas. That was the second thought I had before I put saw to wood. 8-[

Cheers, Alf

Still grinnin'

Beautiful saw, Alf! I managed to weasel my way into possession of one this past holiday as well:

xmas_tools.jpg

I went the Kenyon route. It works swell. Mr W knows what he's up to over there in Oregon.

What wood is that in yourn? I want to know more about that bevel kit too.

-Jamey (needing a better photo of my baby)

Jamrine,

How could you intrude on Alf's gloat?

But since you have. I too have indulged. Cross-cut carcass saw with walnut handle in case you were wondering. 8)

pc_0003.jpg

Mike shipped to a friend in Houston who will handcarry it over in a weeks time. I'm meeting my saw in Frankfurt so will have to wait another 6 days before using it - unless I take a piece of wood with me.

I wonder if Alf would like to donate it as her contribution to Waka's competition :-s :whistle: :-k ......maybe not :lol: ...... Backing away rather smartly from this screen :lol: - Rob

Chas

It makes me feel a little better that I am not the only sado here :) :roll:

MikeW

My hat off to you as that saw is perfection and you are a great of your craft.
I will get one some day :wink:

Latest posts

Back