Old yankee workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never tire of watching Norm

I have all his stuff on video apart from the very last season :(

I watch quite a few woodworking videos on the net and have seen some right dodgy methods and the plunge cut must be among one of the dodgiest I've seen. I wonder how many inexperienced weekend woodworkers out there have tried that?

MrA":2v530u2e said:
I watch quite a few woodworking videos on the net and have seen some right dodgy methods and the plunge cut must be among one of the dodgiest I've seen. I wonder how many inexperienced weekend woodworkers out there have tried that?
I have done plunge cutting with both my mains and cordless circular many times at work and at home. If done properly it is safe to do :)

I've plunge cut with a circular saw, the first time was a bit bum tweaky and the old under crackers underwent some discoloration but it ended without incident.

I tend to be overly cautious after being a victim to a kick back, fortunately I was stood to the left of the cut and the board sailed past my right shoulder before embedding itself in the garage door. I think it's irresponsible to demonstrate unsafe methods on the internet without a warning of the dangers at the very least.

Back