Old table saw FOR SALE £50o.n.o.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pidgeonpost

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, finally time to say goodbye to my old table-saw. This is an elderly beast that I obtained from a Government surplus place years ago.

First the not-so-good stuff. It is old and a bit scruffy. It has no mitre fence. Adjustment for rise-and-fall is a fiddle compared to modern saws, as the blade is belt-driven, which means adjusting the spindle height and the motor platform. There is no belt guard. Dust collection is via dustpan and brush.

Now the better stuff. It's comparatively small (19.5"wide, 27.5" long, and approx 41" to the top of the crown guard) so doesn't take up much workshop space. It has a ground cast aluminium table, a sturdy metal frame, and a fairly recent Clarke 1.5hp single-phase motor. It has a ripping fence. It can easily be mounted on castors for shunting about. Has one general-purpose blade in need of sharpening and a Freud TCT blade currently mounted.

Despite its shortcomings, it is a useful little saw, strongly made, and with a bit of TLC it will go on for years. Could be handy for anyone with the workshop space who doesn't want to use their 'best' saw for rougher stuff, or doesn't to keep changing blades.

Collection only unless local (Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire).

If anyone is interested please get in touch. I can email photos if required (or may upload them if I get time). I was thinking of about £50 - but open to offers. If no interest then it's off to Ebay.

Latest posts

Back