Old school horsing around

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an American made saw a dw746. Classed as a hybrid saw stateside. I've had it maybe 17 years or more. It's absolutely great. In America it was not well liked being not quite a cabinet saw. I love it and used to use it in many varied ways. These days other tools have taken on some of it old roles. It's got a dado as well. Full 16 amp makes it plenty powerful tbh.
This one has all the bells and whistles. 52 inch fence. Crosscut fence. Outfeed and side table. Dado insert.

1707158578003.png

Ah very nice, i do recognise it now i see it like that. Theres a youtuber with the same or similar, i forget his name but does some fantastic work.

Ah very nice, i do recognise it now i see it like that. Theres a youtuber with the same or similar, i forget his name but does some fantastic work.
On a visit to the US it was sold in its basic form through home depot for a few hundred dollars(maybe 500)! For the last 10 years it's been In daily use so hardly diy.

I think I first saw it in an old joinery book. Super simple. It's got a chamfered point that pushes into the opposite corner and rests on the work via a cut away. Marks are made denoting each diagonal length and the frame knocked to the middle of the 2 marks.
as an apprentices we were always taught too do that and also the 3,4,5, where you measure 3ft,then 4ft at a right angle and the diagonal measures 5ft and then you have a square corner

Back