old saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi iv,e got a lot of old saws and was wondering if there were any make,s that were collect able before i car boot the lot or sell on any advice would be most appreciated and if you have any interest you may have first refusal
Thank,s in anticipation Mock

i think that you will find that condition is probably more important, unless models are ultra rare. I am not sure that there is a great collectors market in the UK, more enthusiasts that refurbish and use the saws.

Of the ones to highlight, and probably not car boot are things like brass backed back saws. The easiest thing would be to take a picture of them all laid out, and somebody will soon be able to tell you what is "interesting" or worth a closer look.

Disstons saws are rated highly, as are many others, but if the teeth are all over the place and they need a lot of work, it often isnt worth the effort, because a better one will be available at a reasonable price elsewhere.

Thank,s again but im having trouble posting photo,s they are to large i haven got around to sorting it out yet (hammer)

mock":2e08k5tq said:
Thank,s again but im having trouble posting photo,s they are to large i haven got around to sorting it out yet (hammer)

What sort of machine are you using to post with? Mac, PC, Linux, phone tablet?

Someone can probably help.

BugBear

Old saws are worthless, dust collectors, rubbish. I would gladly take them off you to dispose of them. I could collect tomorrow. :lol:

Put some photographs up and I'm sure there will be some interest.

whiskywill":1n2tkc6x said:
Old saws are worthless, dust collectors, rubbish. I would gladly take them off you to dispose of them. I could collect tomorrow. :lol:

Put some photographs up and I'm sure there will be some interest.

Trust you to be closer :lol: :lol:

Photographs would help.

Back