Oh! They Do Get Away...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispuzzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's another jigsaw puzzle. This one has 201 pieces in a puzzle 6.75" x 11" which is about 2.7 pieces per square inch - quite delicate, to go with the fairy theme.

The picture is "Oh! They Do Get Away Down Under Ground", an illustration by Warwick Goble.

OhTheyDoGetAwayf.jpg

And here is the back, flipped to match up with the front, and unsanded, so lots of fuzzies still.

OhTheyDoGetAwayb.jpg

In this puzzle the pieces were very small compared to the figurals so I made the figurals a little bigger than usual in order to cut them into pieces - all except for my signature dragon, and the little seahorse. There are eight figure pieces in all.

Chris

Lovely :).

I don't know how you jigsaw makers do it. I've tried several times but I can never seem to get it right. Still, it helps me to appreciate just how skilful these deceptively 'simple' projects really are.

Gill

chrispuzzle":3lxwd44c said:
In this puzzle the pieces were very small compared to the figurals so I made the figurals a little bigger than usual in order to cut them into pieces - all except for my signature dragon, and the little seahorse. There are eight figure pieces in all.

Chris

Chris - excellent puzzle, but after staring at it for 10 minutes I still can't find the figerals (looking at the back view). I can see a dog and child but not even the dragon or seahorse. In a few days can you post a marked up image - or at least list what I should be looking for..... meanwhile I'll keep looking!

EDIT - found the dragon after another 5 mins !
Dave

oddsocks - I'll post a list later! Remember that most of them are cut into several pieces, and may not be the right way up.

Gill - Thanks! Practise is the secret, really, by the time you have messed up several puzzles and cut a few hundred pieces you get an idea of where your blade ought to be going. It helps to be able to see ahead a litte and mentally divide an area into halves or thirds - line, knob, line - so you can cut confidently.

I am lucky enough to have enjoyed cutting puzzles right from the start and found an affinity with it, but the willingness of people like Carter Johnson to share their secrets and techniques on forums like this is also a big factor.

Hey, That one is great! You've really got it! I'm a real fan of random borders. I hope we can see new ones of yours with regularity. Loads of phun!

Carter

Back