Oak flooring?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I shall have a look at the floor that has been fitted and decide from that whether to go ahead or not. Sounds like it is going to be a bigger job than I had imagined. :shock:

mack9110000":33xwp8vy said:
I too have laid block flooring over timber and concrete,without nails,or gaps for that matter, and in many different patterns.It can be done.
Now, I Just can't believe the "Master of the Legacy"when he says "a couple of hundred maybe thousands of wooden blocks can all be the same size",well I suppose it all depends on who does the milling,and quality control.Maybe I've just been lucky all these years.

mack9110000":33xwp8vy said:
Sorry to disagree with JFC,but the flooring should be kept as tight as possible and if you are dealing with new flooring there is no reason why the blocks shouldn't be square.Any undulations in the subfloor will cause gaps.I believe the tolerance should be 1/8" over 10'.Of course there are now fillers which can be mixed with the fine sawdust which will exactly match the floor.Lecol, is one,I believe it has been mentioned in some other threads.A dipping adhesive also makes far less mess than a notched trowel application.If I am laying blocks I just use a builders string line and 2 nails parallel off the longest straight wall and 1 row of blocks on each side.I hope this helps.

The memory's come flooding back :) Thanks Mack :D

May I just say to you Mailee,if you decide to go ahead with the floor,get to know what you will be working with beforehand.It helps if the flooring is acclimatised in the area it will be installed and if the tongue and groove fits easily together.
May I add many thanks,to you John,(Felderman)reminiscent of, "All our Yesterdays" was it?

Back