NYW - Lot's of it apparently!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Mahon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted here in the last couple of weeks (new baby, no time to surf forum let alone get into workshop :p ), but Discovery Real Time Extra is showing long runs of New Yankee Workshop on tuesday nights. Tonights line up apparently is:

20:00 - New Yankee Workshop, Greenhouse – Part 1
20:30 - New Yankee Workshop, Greenhouse – Part 2
21:00 - New Yankee Workshop, Fireplace Mantle
21:30 - New Yankee Workshop, Irish Table
22:00 - New Yankee Workshop, Linen Press
22:30 - New Yankee Workshop, Walnut Table
23:00 - New Yankee Workshop, Library Ladder
23:30 - New Yankee Workshop, Old Pine Bar
00:00 - New Yankee Workshop, Morris Chairs
00:30 - New Yankee Workshop, Cupola

Channel 252 on Sky with the change in numbers.

Les

And I've been getting up in time to watch it on 250 at 6:30,before I go to work.
Then having lunch on Saturday at the same time as NYW
And will be watching it tonight for at least three hours.

Have I started down some terrible slippery slope ? :wink:

Andrew

If it wasn't for Norm :wink: :roll:.

I wonder how many of us would not have had the desire to make things out of wood, instead of just thinking about it. I myself know that he has given me the inspiration to turn what was a low key hobby into almost an obsession. The satisfaction of producing an item and looking at it and thinking I made that, never seems to go away, even if the sanding drove me nuts. :lol: :lol:

Les

Yep it was Norm that got me thinking about starting as well lol seems like a nice bloke too :)

Kane

He has a lot to answer for - I remember watching it a few years ago and thinking "Biscuit jointer,dadoes - what is he talking about?" :lol:

But yes,same as Les and Kane,he helped convince me that I could take up woodworking as a hobby :D

P.S. - anyone see this morning's programme on woodturning - went to visit someone who makes bowls on a lathe that used to make aircraft parts in the second world war - from timber that he needs a forklift to move around :shock:

Andrew

Back