NVR switch with router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DognBone

Reaction score
Hi all, I'd appreciate some advice on how best to connect my table-mounted router to its NVR switch. Just fitting the machine to my new Charnwood table. Have had to remove grip handle with built-in trigger and safety switch so router fits properly to table insert base.

Ideally, I'd like to disconnect it completely, rather than just tape up the switch so always on. This would stop me having to have bits of router handle hanging free on cables under the table - very messy and probably dangerous. I plan to have the router permanently mounted on the table so no worries about major mods to it!

Switch on router is double pole with a capacitor across the contacts, which I assume is for noise surpression. Can I just disconnect this and connect the router straight to the machine side of the NVR? I don't want to cause RF noise to annoy neighbours, nor affect the soft start of the router.

If I need to retain the capacitor, where should I (safely) connect it up?

TIA, sorry for long post :)

The capacitor is a spark surpressor and should be left in circuit.
The easy way to do the job is to remove the switch and replace it with a 'chocolate block' connector.
The leads from the motor and the capacitor go in one side and the other side connects to the NVR output side.

Roy.

AFAIK as has been suggested the capacitor is for spark suppression on the switch, much like a condensor on old points system in a vehicle. If you remove the switch then no capacitor needed.

Cheers

Mav

I think you're wrong there Mav, what about brush sparking?
Any conductor with a gap should be suppressed in theory.

Roy.

Thanks to all for replies.

I will go with the choc block idea and include the capacitor, just to be sure. I will encase it all in a plastic box with strain relief glands, which should fit under the table.

Regards,

Latest posts

Back