Nottingham Bash - Today! Decision

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
HI folks,
I'm getting requests for info about B&Bs, directions etc. for the Bash (or, as I'm increasings thinking of it, the First Annual UKW Convention - not necessarily always hosted by me, I hasten to add!), so I thought I'd raise the subject again.

1. Yes it's on! NG9 3HD.

2. There is a pub with rooms within walking distance, the Toby Priory, Derby Road, but last time someone enquired they were already fully booked :(

3. Other options are plenty of commercial hotels along Derby Road Nottingham, cheap, cheerful and not very salubrious is my guess, but a bus service to 100m of my front door every 10 minutes.

4. Other hotels in Beeston (eg The Rockaway, next to the railway station). 5 or so minutes by car, a good half-hour walk. None of them are posh.

5. Holiday Inn at Castle Marina or the Village at Attenborough are bigger and more corporate but you'll need to drive or get a taxi (I guess it depends on how many bottles you are intending to contribute :) )

I'm off on hols tomorrow (which I could do without, I have neve been so busy in my life - Bash, DVD to finish and TWO jobs to apply for, it never rains but it pours etc. etc. etc.) but when I get back I'll set up some sort of info system so people can know what's happening and what would be suitable contributions etc. This is already growing like topsy!

I'd like to thank all those who have already offered to bring stuff along, music, woody stuff, food. It should be a good day, I only hope the weather is fine, otherwise it'll be a disaster!

I think better just raise one thorny issue (and PLEASE don't take offence, I've had more than enough of that already this week), but please don't bring tobacco (or anything more narcotic!) into our home. You are very welcome indeed, your cigarettes and cigars are not. I hope you understand; if you don't, tough, that's the deal.

Mind you, you can bring as much booze as you like, Yes, I agree, it's inconsistent.

Right, I'm off to lie on a Greek beach for a week, whether I like it or not. I'll see you all when I get back.

Cheers
Steve

Hi,

What time do you want people to arrive? I am only across town from you so I don't want to arrive to early, unless you need a hand seting up etc.

Pete

p.s. I have sorted out 7 planes a Union 7 a stanley 5 1/2 a couple of 5 and 3x no 4s mostly fettled and tuned and I will bring my extra chisels, so that's the swap etc table about full!!!

Pete... is me pipe (baccy, not bagpipe) welcome in the garden?

I can't manage more than an hour without a nicotine fix... unless I'm asleep :lol:

Flippin' 'eck Graham! Welcome, no, tolerated, yes if I don't have to smell it myself. I have absolutely no objection to anyone else smoking, it's when they make me smoke that I become violent!

Steve

Hi folks,
You should all have received an update document about Saturday. Forecast is bad, but are we down-hearted? No we are not!

If anyone hasn't received it, please let me know. I'd stick it all on here, but my phone numbers are on it.

Any latecomers are welcome!

Cheers
Steve

Morning all

It's raining here at the moment, but the forecast for this afternoon is much better. Not summer, perhaps, but right now this minute I'm still optimistic about having it here, though we may have to be prepared to cover stuff over for a minute or two. The forcast is lots of rain this am but just a mm or so between 12 and 6, which is what we are interested in.

So I'll decide in an hour or so. If you've already set off, this is of no help to you! :)

See you all later, one place or another.
S
PS Special deals on Veritas today. Bring your chequebook!

OK folks, I've decided.

The forecast hasn't improved sufficiently to make it very low risk here, but nevertheless it should be better this afternoon.

So I suggest we go up to the Hall (NG9 3HD if you use satnav) for the first part of the afternoon with drinks and nibbles, then decamp here later on for food. It's only a couple of minutes drive. We can cope with a couple of dozen people indoors here, just not all the extra stuff too.

See you later
Steve

HI, have you got space for one more? I'd love to come and meet you all, I've just put the postcode in my satnav and your 15min away \:D/ . I missed the original invite so what sort of time? Do you need any help or anything? Alex

Back