Nothing Fancy - New Clamp Rack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a very quick project today. Needed to update the clamp rack as the old one was sagging under the weight! Only took 10 minutes but it was one of them jobs that just 'needed doing'

Had to accomodate all these.

Had a load of pine that needed using up on something useful.

So I made up a simple Box section just with a bit of glue and some 5x50mm screws.

Much better and stronger now, some room for more clamps too :D You never have enough clamps do you?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!

Lee.

very nice syntec and much fancier than my solution.... which is basically the floor ;)

Lee I started off by fixing the clamps as you did at a fixed point in the workshop but in the end I decided to make them mobile as I always ended up with the wrong clamp in the wrong place.

ClampStand.jpg

It might be that I am getting older??
Barry

woodbloke . is it a cramp or a clamp ?
not being padantic , just curious . different parts of the country and all that
barry burgess, good work =D>
firstly . wish i had that amount of clamps :mrgreen:
secondly . wish i had a level enough floor to run a rack like that :oops:

Clamp or cramp?......not sure really. I've always been a cramp sort of person but I do believe that our cousins across the water use clamps, tho' I do stand to be corrected. I don't suppose its hugely important in the scheme of things, just what you're used to saying - Rob

I, like barry, had the clamps on the wall and I got fed up when one was always falling when getting another!! Also, they were always too far in the corner of the workshop. So I also did a mobile rack.

clamprack1.jpg
clamprack3.jpg

CYC - nice pair of cramp stands - I see you use the same glue as me - the EverBuild D3 (yellow bottle) which I've found excellent stuff, sold at my local tool emporium for £1.95 which I think is quite good, though I see now that the've got a D4 adhesive from the same people that I'm tempted to try once current stocks of D3 run out - Rob

Edit - now that I've looked a little more closely at the pics.....

CYC - I did a double take with your photo as I thought you had a pair of mobile stands which would have given you more clamps / cramps than some tool shops stock. :shock:
Even so an impressive collection and a good idea for storing them.

Steve

Good grief, your workshops all look like toolshops to me with more clamps on display than Axminster has!

Nice work, one and all.

Lee - I like your cunnning construction that effectively creates a top shelf for even more clamps, tools, gear, sundry stuff, etc, etc.

Regards.

Latest posts

Back