No tax disc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry 48

Established Member
Reaction score
While looking for a unit of an old mate on an industrial estate I had to do a double take two vans with the same reg number. I found my mate eventually while having a cupper I mentioned the vans he gave me the old fashioned look and said buy one you get one free. And so the scam begins

One van taxed mot insurance one van on a sorn same reg number on both vans half the cost the hard part of cloning has always been the tax disc you don't get one now

Harry 48":272280wr said:
One van taxed mot insurance one van on a sworn same reg number on both vans half the cost the hard part of cloning has always been the tax disc you don't get one now

You mean sorn?

I wonder if people are going to be caught out by appearing on multiple ANPR cameras at the same time.

nanscombe":3092oqyh said:
I wonder if people are going to be caught out by appearing on multiple ANPR cameras at the same time.

I don't see how if the vehicle is legal or in this case one is. It's not a live time system that will throw up the fact one vehicle is in Manchester at the same time it's in London.

All it does is check the number against a database and the GPS coordinates are held on the reader not the databases.

I wonder how many people round our way will SORN their vehicles but still drive it around locally to them. Chances of being picked up by ANPR or the police highly unlikely.

RogerS":3nrxgjen said:
I wonder how many people round our way will SORN their vehicles but still drive it around locally to them. Chances of being picked up by ANPR or the police highly unlikely.

Only the ones who currently drive without insurance.

phil.p":fad0p44z said:
The sensible place for ANPR's would be random filling stations. They'd get everyone sooner or later.

You've never been to a garage with ANPR then?

I mean with police manning them. Tesco or whomever aren't going to be interested whether you're taxed so long as they get paid. Afaik they need to pay the DVLA for the ownership details in the case of your absconding without paying - it's an earner for the DVLA.

But if you do get caught you may be committing a criminal offence of fraud not the civil offence of no tax. The criminal offence gets you a criminal record and potentially a jail term although that is unlikely.

Most newish vehicles have the chassis number displayed in the windscreen so a static check will easily see through this scam.

Police are used to checking the plates against the tax disc, now they will probably just check the plates against the chassis number.

It will of course fool the cameras.

Mick

To be honest, Mick, unless they are having a specific clampdown I can't see them bothering as they are understaffed and have a lot more other things that they should be working on.

MickCheese":24bqdlsv said:
But if you do get caught you may be committing a criminal offence of fraud not the civil offence of no tax. The criminal offence gets you a criminal record and potentially a jail term although that is unlikely.

Most newish vehicles have the chassis number displayed in the windscreen so a static check will easily see through this scam.

Police are used to checking the plates against the tax disc, now they will probably just check the plates against the chassis number.

It will of course fool the cameras.

Mick

They've been doing that for years.

I love your naive approach.

When you're disqualified from driving, have no insurance, are smacked off your **** on drugs and over the drink drive limit. Do you think they care whether the offence of no tax is civil or criminal?

Someone once said to me your car needs tax,Tax I said no it doesn't it runs just fine without it :) or at least it did until yesterday :(

Ps it is taxed

Back