Nice People at UKW - Thanks Roy!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
I make no excuses for repeating something I often say....the UKW is full of really nice, kind and generous people!

During my thread on the vintage drill press....I mentioned the need for a suitable motor and Roy (doorframe) posted that he had one that might suit in the darker regions of his cave.

Well this morning a little box arrived courtesy of the man in red....and inside was this little baby...

DSC_0455.JPG

Now, I am a member of a number of forums all over the world - but the UKW beats them all hands down in the consistent friendship, skills and huge experience in almost ANY topic woodie and beyond!

This is a classic example of that friends and so I would like to publically thank Roy for his generosity....and his interest in the refurb project.

If we ever meet...I owe you a beer my friend! =D> =D> =D>

Cheers...

Jimi (with a very warm feeling this morning!)

I must agree with you Jimi, they are good guys. I don't post often but I do read and learn allot from the forum. The times I have asked advise I have never been disappointed. Well done fellas. =D>

xy mosian":xeiny9xt said:
Nice one jimi, and Roy, of course.
Aren't you supposed to be resting jimi?

xy

Don't you think I get enough flak from her indoors...I was only allowed to rewire the motor...and make a box lid for an old Starrett height gauge I recently acquired. :mrgreen:

She drew the line at turning a pulley on the lathe...some nonsense about whirrey things and codeine not being that compatible....and I even left off today's dose in preparation! Waste of time that sacrifice was! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm convinced these carers don't care about the need for shavings... :oops:

Seriously though...things are coming on leaps and bounds...and I get someone else to sweep the workshop into the bargain...it's never looked so tidy!

Cheers mate!

Jim

+1 for the helpfulness and advice given on this forum. I've learnt a lot. 99% on here are the salt of the earth.

It's a pleasure to be a member. Cheers _Dan :D

I cant Agree Enough.
A Recent and current example of this is when i posted a wanted add here for a planer thicknesser, a certain member "Dodge" got in touch and put me in contact with a guy with a combi machine for sale. He even met with me and introduced me to the seller further still he is taking time out to help load the machine and make sure all the parts are in the tailor ready for delivery to my small shop! (cant wait to get it serviced and setup) What a Diamond Geeza.
Its rare to find people as helpful as on here!
Ryan

Jim. It sounds as if 'er indoors' has you sorted, small price to pay to have the workshop swept :).
I'm pleased things are going well for you, and I am looking forward to see more of your 'plane' work.

Cheers, xy

xy mosian":3aq004cl said:
Jim. It sounds as if 'er indoors' has you sorted, small price to pay to have the workshop swept :).
I'm pleased things are going well for you, and I am looking forward to see more of your 'plane' work.

Cheers, xy

She let me use the lathe today...but only for an hour....don't know what the fuss is all about! 8)

I am spending most of my time trolling Fleabay looking for a mid-sized milling machine to take the drudgery out of the steel bits..I hate working steel! I'm allowed to do that apparently! :mrgreen:

Thanks for your kind thoughts...most appreciated! Soon be back in the land of the living!

Jim

Back