Nice £1 carboot find

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob1693

Established Member
Reaction score
Got this nice old rabone 12 inch combination square while on holiday in North yorkshire from skirlington carboot paid 1 whole pound for it, bargain

20230904_181922.jpg
20230904_181619.jpg
20230904_181400.jpg

" You was robbed" :giggle:, though " You couldn't make it for that." as they say.
I have one of these but the groove hasn't been machined parallel with the sides of the rule, which makes it a bit of a faff to use.

It's imperial not metric. I have one of those and a metric one, never use the imperial.

It's also only marked rabone which dates before 63 when they merged with chesterman to form rabone chesterman where i got my first job at bow works pomona Street sheffield

Last edited:
Bought out by stanley tools in 89 and now the name doesn't exist at all except on old tools

I have a couple of these. Very useful at times. One of mine has a removeable point/pricker which lives in a hole at the bottom of the long side. Nice fit but easy to mislay.

The think I like about these is I have my grandfathers set (no idea how old) and my Dads set and some extras I bought and they all fit together, could have been machined from the same moldings. Classic if it ain't broke don't fix it. Every time I use them it feels like the old fellers are still helping me.

As for imperial/metric I have no problem with something being 1m 6 & 3/8" if it fits

Back