new workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi
Just wondered if you had gone into the planning aspect of changing the roof covering. You may need planning permission to do that. Better check with the local council, before you spend any money
Cheers
George

thanks for the words of help, the inside is almost pointed up this week the roof all the batterns are full of woodworm and like paper, the only bit i can save is the a frames. sheets arived saturday all go this week will update pics monday thanks jason

here is the workshop after pointing

IMG_0345.jpg

and after a bit more

IMG_0346.jpg

I think the all the pointing and the inside wash looks good (must have taken ages). However, I saw the new roofing which looks to be a decent job but completely out of place and then all the lovely looking tiles sitting on the ground. I think it is a real shame you couldn't have reused them :( . Maybe once the old guttering is down and replaced with something that will match the roof and the old tiles are gone it will look more the part, a real mix of old and new? I hate judging other folks work in the negative, mainly because I know how much work (and money!) goes into these projects but you did ask for comments.

the inside looks ok, nice white washing.

but the roof looks pants. sorry. I'm with 'halo jones' on that one.

might be a touch noisy when working inside there during a downpour too. (hammer)

The roof is very functional and I'm sure it'll look 10 times better in a years time with a bit of age behind it. Good work.

Latest posts

Back