New workshop fire WIP and finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob H

Established Member
Reaction score
I made a gas bottle stove 3 or 4 years ago for my old Wshop but its too small for the bigger shop so this morning I set about making a BIGGER one with a flat front instead of been curved like the old one. It makes it a better seal around the door and you can get more in! It took me about 11 hours from start to finish I drilled the hole in the top for the flue the other day here are some picks any way.

013-2.jpg

first thing I cut out the front with the plasma cutter
014.jpg

015-2.jpg

cut a template out with the hegner then cut it out in steel with the plasma
017-2.jpg

then weld them in top at bottom
019-2.jpg

then welded the sides in
020.jpg

022-2.jpg

I welded angle in all round the front for strength
023.jpg

025-1.jpg

I made the grate from the off cuts from the front and drilled big holes in em
026-2.jpg

Then I made the door and hinges
028-1.jpg

029-2.jpg

030.jpg

then made the draft gate
031.jpg

032-1.jpg

then time to make some some!!!!
033.jpg

034.jpg

there is a bit more to do at the door yet I have a seal to fit to it and I am going to put a draft gate in the door too may be some glass too!
I will get it in to the wshop tomora and may even paint this one!

Nice bit of work there! :) If you dont mind me asking though, but how do you get to the ashes under the grate? Have you an ash pan or something that you can lift out rather than struggling trying to scoop it out? Defo put a bit of glass in the door, its nice to be able to see the flame if nothing else, creates a nice atmosphere, sure I often sit by the stove in the shop, in the dark, after a long day, firing crackling away and the radio on down low! Nice! :)

I haven't put a door in yet I was going to see how it went vacing it out from the blast gate if not it is easy to lift out the grate and clean it out from inside the last one I made only gets emptied one a blue moon. If I fined I need to put a door in the bottom I can do it at a later date.

Cheers Rob

Love it. It's no looker, but the ingenuity is excellent. If that was me, I'd be £200 out of pocket on a hotspot. Brilliant. :D

wizer":2cipql5c said:
Love it. It's no looker, but the ingenuity is excellent. If that was me, I'd be £200 out of pocket on a hotspot. Brilliant. :D

It cost me about 6 euros for the door seal that I got in a french DIY shop bit like B&Q but with out all the taiwanes rubbish. Thats all I have spent on it but I will get some paint for it.

Going back to the shop in france bit they have some log burners in there that will open your eyes!! any thing from 500 euros to 5000 and more!
they also had a full range of stihl stuff on display every thing in the shop was so much better than at home!!

Latest posts

Back