New Video: Making a wooden tailstock cone centre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobham

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi:
Melinda's problem with the candlestick challenge made me realize that not everyone has a cone centre for their tailstock. It is such a useful accessory and I have had one for so long that I never even gave it a thought when I was making the video. I put this one together to show how to turn a cone shaped sleeve to put over your existing tailstock live centre for those occasions where you want to keep a hole centrally located while turning the rest of the piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqZRDdkmkk

Take care
Bob

Thanks Bob,

You said it all I think. The experienced turner takes so much for granted that we tyros are just discovering.

Look forward to further enlightenment.

Thanks Bob, timing could not have been better this was on my weekend project list.

Once again Bob, good stuff and thank you for taking the time out to do it!

I'm surprised that you didn't hear me shouting for you to bring the tail stop up earlier?? :D :D You certainly put more effort into what is a tool than I probably would have done, but apart from anything else it shows just what the scew can be used for and what a lovely finish it leaves!!

Thanks again mate! :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

bob, your videos on you tube have been both educational and inspiring for a beginner like myself. Thank you for your time, effort and easy to understand tips they are greatly appreciated.

Jonzjob":3b1xjuud said:
.... it shows just what the scew can be used for and what a lovely finish it leaves!!
The skew has two uses, leaving a lovely finish and completely skrewing up what you have just spent ages turning!

myturn":22a7uvfs said:
Jonzjob":22a7uvfs said:
.... it shows just what the scew can be used for and what a lovely finish it leaves!!
The skew has two uses, leaving a lovely finish and completely skrewing up what you have just spent ages turning!

Practice makes perfekt dunnit?

One of the things that I wonder about your use of the scew Bob, have you ever tried using it left handed? Because if you can use it in both hands it makes it a lot easier for cuts on the right hand of all sorts of situations. Plus, as Myturn says you can get some very interesting anticlockwise spyral digs to? But I keep on trying and it's getting better, a bit?

In al honesty, it does make things so much easier when you are getting to the right hand end of spindles..

Back