New Toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spasm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

gloating a bit today used my new toy the Woodfast M410 shortbed lathe I know is a bit old but what a toy, put a out of balance log on it today
lots of shavings and fun variable speed so had no problems, My aim now is to learn how to make hollow forms first is to work out which is the best tool for the
job then save the money to buy one :lol: .

spasm

spasm":1dxxnom2 said:
.. My aim now is to learn how to make hollow forms first is to work out which is the best tool for the
job then save the money to buy one ...
I have the Rolly Munro and really like it, but it's rather expensive now.

The new Crown tool seems well thought of by Messrs Fowraker and Sanger.

+1 for the Crown Hollowing Tool.
+10 for Mark Sanger's customer service, assistance, advice and demonstrations!

If I can use this tool and successfully hollow, anybody can! I have no extended experience of the Munro - but have tried a few other hollowers - BCT, Little Brother and Sorby - the Crown come first in my list.

Although I am still very new to hollowing and low on the learning curve, and still having occasional disasters. I find that the Crown has given me the confidence (and experience) to use the other tools more effectively when I go back to them.

HTH

Liam

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advice my thoughts are with the crown hollowing system at the moment from all the good feedback and George's indepth review on hollowing systems i guess i'll have to start saving some pennies to get the tool ;-0.

spasm

Back