New Table saw for sale ( with extras )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizer":38c6g5ov said:
that reminds me too. I thought I'd paid that. Remind me what I owe you and I'll get it to you asap.

Tom tried ringing over the past week , no answer on your mobile ?

Is it switched off or are you in bed recovering :lol:

will pm you as the puter is switched on :lol: :lol:

I have had a Delta now for about the last six years.
First i had the Contractors saw,sold that,then the Unisaw,sold that and am back with the contractors saw but they all were fitted with the 50hz motor as this was how they came from the chap who imported them at the time.
It is a really good saw and it as done all that i have thrown at it.
The Beismeyer fence was one of the best at the time and mine is still as accurate today as when i first set it up,and locks off solidly.
It is also nice and quiet when running :D

sawinsitu.jpg

Dibs-h":x1n9mkzt said:
wizer":x1n9mkzt said:
Dibs-h":x1n9mkzt said:
At the risk of asking a completely stupid question - how does that saw compare with my Kity 419 (with all the extra bits and pieces)?

Firstly, sorry ;)

Allen's Delta blows the Kity out of the water IMHO. I have the Axi clone of the Kity, which I hate.

The cast iron top is more substantial, the slots are 'standard' (which means you could use after market mitre gauges - but the one supplied should be very good.), the fence is one million times better than the kity (and then some), all the controls are nicer\smoother and finally, you can use a Dado blade if you so wish. That's a controversial conversation, but I'm on the 'for' side.

I'm not on commission from Allen (but I bloody should be), just my view having seen the delta in the flesh and owning the kity clone.

It's cool - slight problem is I've just had a Fetsool fix this month - Domino (& accessories) and 2 rails for the TS55.

I did wonder whether I should offer my complete 240v setup to some chap in Scotland who is after a table saw and nip down and take the Delta off Blister's hands. Bloody "upgrade-itis" already. :oops:

Mmmm :ho2 Delta saw :deer

Yo Ho Ho :wink:

How much dismantling would it take to get in the back of an A4 estate?

(the above question is not to be taken as anything - just enquiring. I mean there must be plenty of folks with a similar size estate).

Allen can probably answer better as he's transported it before. But personally, I'd not want to dismantle the saw itself. I think you could probably remove the motor without losing any of the adjustments, but I'd keep the top and internals in place if possible. Of course it'll all dismantle if you want to spend the time setting it all up at the other end.

dibs-h, there'd be some dismantling involved. But as it came in a box at one point in it's life then it would more than likely fit in an estate.

wizer":2ml3nahs said:
Allen can probably answer better as he's transported it before. But personally, I'd not want to dismantle the saw itself. I think you could probably remove the motor without losing any of the adjustments, but I'd keep the top and internals in place if possible. Of course it'll all dismantle if you want to spend the time setting it all up at the other end.

Tom - I'd be thinking more along the lines of the saw must come off it's stand and the extension tables coming off. Not really any more dismantling than that.

Dibs-h wrote
How much dismantling would it take to get in the back of an A4 estate?

You will need to take the front and back rails off which are just screwed on.
Then the side extension,again just screwed,and the top half of the saw from the base which is just four nuts and bolts.
The motor can be left on,but tied up for transporting but is held on with one nut and bolt.So will fit easily into the back of an estate.
Now Blister has drilled all the holes for the rails it wouldn't take long to put it together again :D

Will you accept my first born child as payment? :lol:

If I hadn't just bought a new bandsaw Blister, I would have it off you in a second.

Lovely saw which i'm sure is worth every penny and then some. And if Santa happens to drop off a few hundred quid over Chrimbo I#d be knocking on yer door mate

Regards

Andy

Back