NEW Scoreboard software - ALL CONTESTANTS NEED TO SIGN UP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
The new scoreboard is ready to use. A few features still need to be finished but as a whole its ready to use.

It has a new domain name also to make it easier to remember http://ukwturningcomp.co.uk

We now need all the contestants to sign up so we can get you approved. For this month there is no need to click ready but please feel free to have a play. As its getting close to this months end we thought it best that I mark all the ready entries as some people may not see the thread and if there are any issues we may not have time to get the iron out. Febs round will require you click ready in the software.

So please can you all sign up to the board! Also for future features could you please type your username in as they show here, using the same lower and upper case letters as you have here. Tar

:D

Well that was easy enough and quick to do, signed up and ready to go. Nice job by the way the new format looks great.

Steve

Hudson Carpentry":jnyurxfg said:
Silverbirch":jnyurxfg said:
some people may not see the threat
:shock:

A Freudian slip, I presume and not your way of making sure everbody enters? :lol:

Ian

Yep my dyslexia showing its horns. Ill edit thank you.

Thank you Hesh

hmmm horns on a bowl will get you DQ'd for entering a helmet......... #-o

excellent piece of work on the entry board; neat, constructive and easy to use. many thanks for your time

Hi like the new fancy scoreboard

I have question though. You have made provision for an honourable mention or highly commended as previously posted.

However, I thought that in earlier exchanges Blister had said scoring was to be different this year with points starting at 6 for first going down 5-4-3-2- and then a point for entry. So in reality the hc or whatever is replaced with a point value so the points replace the observation?

Wood spoiler":38r1ukwo said:
Hi like the new fancy scoreboard

I have question though. You have made provision for an honourable mention or highly commended as previously posted.

However, I thought that in earlier exchanges Blister had said scoring was to be different this year with points starting at 6 for first going down 5-4-3-2- and then a point for entry. So in reality the hc or whatever is replaced with a point value so the points replace the observation?

If we have a points draw for any positions the number of Highly Commended positions will count

1st 6 points
2nd 5 points
3rd 4 points
4th Highly commended 3 points
5th Highly commended 2 points
and everyone else who enters a piece 1 point

I tried to sign up with an email address but the email validation didn't like my email address and kept telling me it was invalid? So I just signed up with forum name :)

I think I have everything under control .I may have signed in a couple of times or not at all. I think you have done a helluv a job setting the whole thing up. On a scale of 1 to 10 in computerising I would probley be a high 1.
So on the day of reckoning what will I have to do to postt me entry, I take the photos transfer them to the 'puter then what. Do I go to browse at the bottom of page as if posting on here or is there another Url / page I have to use.
Please let it be easy .
Thank You

I am getting PMs telling me to sign up ,I thought I had done this but there seems to be a problem. Yesterday I signed in and looked at My Account to day I'm not able to my password does not match . Be aware that I thought that WIKI LEAKS was some bloke called WIKI who was going around Peeing everywhere. So can we start again please, Fings aint wot they used to be.

Boysie39 Please ignore my PM.

It seems some how you have signed up twice, once on the 21st then again on the 23rd. IP email and password are all identical its just the date and unique code (thats generated as you sign up) thats different. As there are now two of you in the DB the code suspects foul play and will not let you in. As you somehow signed up twice would be why you got a second PM requesting you confirm the 2nd account.

Ill delete the latest entry so give it 5mins and you should have access again.

I did program the software to reject people signing up with the same details twice so my code must be wrong somewhere so ill have a look into that also. At least my code blocked the login so its not a security risk.

Just so you all know I CAN NOT see or workout your passwords. All I see is an encrypted code that looks like 23jHNdj92377Ghjdbjb9FSz (not a real code) so I can compare the codes to see if two accounts have the same password (only useful to see if a second identical account is the same person or impostor). I also cannot copy the code and paste it into the password field as the software will then turn that code into an encrypted code of the 1st encrypted code.

Back