New scam - Humber bridge unpaid toll

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son-out-law has a summons for, I think, a speeding or parking offence in Dublin a few years ago. He had never been to Ireland let alone Dublin. The automatic number plate recognition system photo wasn't that clear either - could have been a 3 or an 8 in the registration on an identical car. Sorted it out eventually but took a bit of work.
As others have said record everything. Since they don't have photographic proof that it is your vehicle by what means do they think it is?
Good luck. Martin

Some years ago we got a parking ticket from Worthing, East Sussex ......... the car was parked outside the bank where my wife worked in Truro at the time, and there were 20+ people and cctv to say it was there all day. We didn't hear any more about when we told them this.

I live on the north bank in East Yorks and often cross the bridge so have a tag in my car. The Humber Bridge Board from my experience are very helpful. They have a disputed charge facility via which you might wish to contact them here:

https://www.humberbridge.co.uk/humb...an-unpaid-toll-notification-make-a-complaint/
I’d be very surprised if they asked for all your card details in the manner you have stated, particularly the CVV number. Ordinarily they’d ask you to either pay online through their secure portal, or by letter with a cheque.

Hope that might help.

If your Reg no has indeed been cloned and the charge has been rendered due to that, you could be hit with other charges including speeding (which carries a minimum of 3 penalty points, so DVLA will need to be made aware of the cloning ASAP.

Good luck in sorting it.

About 25 years ago one night i had 2 patrol cars turn up at my house, wanting to know where i was on such and such night, i said a friend can confirm i was here. One stayed with me whilst the other went around to my friends to confirm.
Turns out a robbery took place in London and the van had my numberplate.
For a few months after i kept getting parking ticket fines through the post which i had to prove had nothing to do with me.
Anyway they caught up with the A-holes in the end.

Latest posts

Back