New rip fence???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I've just purchased a new McAllister table saw (don't all laugh at once!!) from B&Q and though it serves my limited purposes, I'm very disappointed with the rip fence that following lock down doesn't run straight without endless tinkering and even then runs off with the least amount of pressure - it's driving me nuts to the extent I hope someone can recommend a fix or a new fence!!
](*,) ](*,) :oops:

Hi Woody

The bad news is that decent after-market fences will cost far more than your saw. Been there, done that.

If you do a search on fences you should find quite a few suggestions.

Cheers
Neil

I've just fitted an Accusquare after market rip fence to my Xcalibur, I'm very pleased with it and plan to do a review in the next couple of weeks

Dennis

Jeff - my saw is the Scarlet Pimpernel of the table saw world! i.e. no photos! There was one on e-bay and sorry I don't know the technicalities but the fence can just lift on or off "rails" and be locked down with a lever - it's when I lock it down tight it wanders! :(

Woody

Thanks Paul - I'll certainly look at it, but I don't think my limited skills will stretch to it! I still can't put hinges on a box right!! :oops:

Is the saw top cast iron or aluminium? If it's cast you could try one of those powered magnetic hold down things to stop the far end of the fence form moving.

Latest posts

Back