New pieces

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Some pieces that I did a while back but would appreciate your critique.

Picture149-1.jpg

Wow Braveheart, that’s an awesome show of turning skill in my opinion. I must say I particularly like the piece you’ve turned in the bottom right hand corner, the contrast of green into that red/brown looks very effective. Out of interest was that a particular stain you used, or simply the nature of the wood?

Love the bowls Terry, I would like the neck on the spalted vase a little smaller but a nice piece anyway IMHO. Could swear that little vase at bottom right is glass with the colouring on it, I`d be very chuffed with that little lot :)
Regards
Steve

Terry.. once again, these are great items !
FWIW, I think the proportions are all very nice, the shapes / designs are all spot-on, and the truning / finishing itself is just brilliant.

Keep them coming.. these are all terrific pieces of work, once again 8) :D

Every one a winner in my book - a lovely set of pieces.
But I'm particularly taken by that vase bottom right. Wouldn't mind seeing that in close up. What wood/treatment did you use to get that amazing colouration?

I do very much like those little bowls, they have a really nice shape. I'm not too keen on the two larger vases, I think the spalted one has too much neck and the effect is made greater by the bead/shape at the bottom of the neck. The small vase is nicely coloured as others have said.

All in all a good selection 8)

JT

Many thanks for all the comments. To Santos here is a better picture of the bowl that you liked. The disappointment is it is very rare, very costly, high grade, INDIAN PALLET wood.
Picture142-1.jpg

Picture139.jpg

To steve and Roy H here is a bigger picture of the Bud pot that I had a go at colouring. All I used was a trial pack of the Chestnut spirit stains that I got through the club that I joined "Coombe Abbey".Jjust played around from the base, Purple up to the lighter shall we say brighter colourstowards the top.
Finish with 3 coats of acryilic laqure and burnishing cream.
IMG_4065.jpg

If you liked this, well i went and did some thing a bit bigger. This vase is aprox 7 " x 10" tall. The small crack has been filled with a brass inlay
IMG_4902.jpg

It must be nice when you have a few pieces that you like and find that others like them even more.
What a lovely group of pieces everyone a treasure,thanks for sharing.
REgards Boysie.

Back