New pieces

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braveheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone please feel free to view and any constructive comments are welcome
IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

I love the boxes, I think they are absolutely smashing. But. you will need to pay more attention to the leveling of the watch inserts.
I like the small finial, not keen on the egg cup finial, I don't think it suits it.
They are all very well turned IMO. A very good finish too. Good attention to detail.
Photography excellent.
All in all, very nicely done.

(Where did you get the box kit? I rather like the gold banding with the little bow.)

John. B

Great to see some of your work Terry :D
For the short amount of time you've been turning they all look very nicely made,and finished. :D
Any chance of putting on the piece you brought along on Saturday.That was very nice indeed.
Keep em coming.

I've neber seen anything like those boxes before, is that a kit or an adaptation. I've seen the box rims and the watches but not together.

Whatever they look really good as said. Also not too keen on the combination of woods on the egg cup box but that's down to peronal taste niothing to do with the workmanship which looks good.

Pete

Terry... I love them ! ... they're all really nicely done, and are well-finished 'slick-looking' items that you should be extremely proud of.

Keep them coming pal... you're doing fantastically well, i reckon !
As Paul said... lets see a piccy of that piece you showed us on saturday.. its something quite exquisite !

Well done... super job 8) 8) 8)

Very nice !

Good to see soemone showing off their bases also !

Not sure whats going on on the foot of the egg cup box - looks a little busy, they're not really beas either - looks unfinished.

The first clock box - brilliant.

Terry, these pieces and the piece you brought to the bash indicate to me that you have nothing to worry about on the tool control front. shape & style are personal things but you are getting crisp detail where you chose to apply it, which indicates good finishing control whatever your method. (little or no sanding blending of sharp edges)

Only critique from me on these and the piece on saturday would be that I can still see one or two tool/sanding marks, glad you took the jibe on sat. in the spirit intended by the way, only a regular turner will see the implications of certain 'techniques' . :lol:

Loz on the foot of the egg cup box - looks a little busy, they're not really beads either

Do they have to be beads? why must they comply with a smooth semi circular form? the design in this particular area of the piece may not be to my taste but I'm more impressed with the fact that the sharp point detail has not been sanded away. (not intended to be confrontational Loz, just a personal observation.)

God iv'e done a soulfly !

Actually your right, They dont have to be, Just looks to me as that area has not had the thought the rest of the pieces obviously had as they are fab.

No offence meant.

loz":19msownh said:
God iv'e done a soulfly !

Actually your right, They dont have to be, Just looks to me as that area has not had the thought the rest of the pieces obviously had as they are fab.

No offence meant.

I can sympathise. So often (not here I hastily add) I think "That is really horrible but done so well" :lol:

I saw these as coves and as Chas said keeping them sharp when they are that small takes skill and time. How long have you been turning Terry?

Pete

Great work.

I like the way you have used contrasting woods.

Thank you for sharing

Many thanks to every one for the comments. :lol: :lol: :lol: The piece that seems to have cause some debate The Egg was created purely as a practice piece and not as a piece to be kept, as I had never tried, the Egg! shape!!. Then I decided to try to make it in two parts. Not a good idea to cut it short, profiled!!, snatch! right on the end. OH goodness me. In the scrap bin, oh come on lets see if I can do something with the end and that is why the final ended up on the top. So into the scrap it went. SWMBO " have you made anything other than sawdust tonight " on she went " what is that in the scrap bag that is loverly can I have that ". Just as with anything in life. Art to some SCRAP to others funny old world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Many thanks.

Oops sorry :oops: :oops: :oops: I forgot to answer both John B and Paul J.
The kit parts that was refered to came fron Meantime Design and I have found them to be very good, give them a look on the net.

Pau, a glutton for punishment well here you are!.

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Back