UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardenwoodcraft

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here from Redditch, Worcestershire. I've been lurking and learning for a while now so I thought it was time I signed up properly and introduced myself.

I started out with a basic Axminster AWVFS scroll saw and last year I became the proud owner of an Excalibur EX21. I'm still very much learning the art and the info from this forum has helped a lot, so hopefully in time I might be able to return the favour so to speak.

A couple of things I did learn from my Axminster AWVFS was to change the clamp bolts for M4 x 15mm stainless steel cap head bolts as they are a lot stronger and less prone to rounding off and I made a zero clearance table insert from MDF to work close to the blade when doing piercing cuts. Also, leave off the side cover opposite the motor as it makes it so much easier to get to the bottom blade clamp.

Anyway, sorry my first post is a bit long winded but I hope it may help some people as I have been and hope to be in future.

Bye for now,
Dave.

All good tips Dave, and welcome to the forum I've only been here 10 minutes myself

I suppose the biggest down-side to owning an Excalibur is the lack of good excuses for when things don't quite go to plan :)

Col.

Welcome to the forums - to you both.

If we can help, I know we will and post us some pic's of your work, we all learn something when we see others creative skills.

Welcome, it is nice to have a fellow Excalibur on board. I have the ex16 and well happy with it.
George

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Right now I think my EX21 is a more capable saw than I am a scroller but its all a learning curve and I'm glad I bought mine when I did because the latest Axminster prices for Excalibur scroll saws are about £100 up on last years prices. Although they are still in line with current Hegner prices.

I find the lift up top arm and tool-less blade changes make piercing cuts so easy compared to my old saw.

One thing I would say about Excalibur scroll saws is, they are industrial type machines and, as such, need setting up and adjusting before first use. The instructions with them are comprehensive regarding blade oscillation adjustment, but there are lots of videos on you tube as well. But its no different to any other scroll saw, band saw, lathe or any other machine if you want the best from it.

I hope to be posting pictures as I make things. How many posts do I need to make before I can attach pictures??

Walney Col":3gtzga8f said:
ardenwoodcraft":3gtzga8f said:
How many posts do I need to make before I can attach pictures??

Three. You've just snuck in under the wire. :)

Col.

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to your pics Dave.

A very warm welcome to the forum,also to Col we are getting newbies joining us almost daily.I only hope that you all get has much has I have learned over the past 12 months and a bit.Sit back and enjoy the ride. :roll:

Bryan

Latest posts

Back