UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for a most hospitable welcome.You are absolutely correct with your warnings about the slippery slope,but Im afraid Im beyond help as I reached the point of no return long ago.
In reply to Philly Ive been involved in the woodworking industry for 25 years or so,initially as an apprentice joiner and most recently as a director of a kitchen company with more than a few incarnations inbetween .My hobby has also been woodworking and Im a firm believer that there is always something new to learn,in the last six months Ive been to America to learn to make carriage wheels and attended a woodcarving course with Chris Pye down in Hereford.Currently Im in the middle of costructing a full size replica of a horse drawn vehicle,so will post some pictures shortly for your perusal. :D

Alan Jones":2mnyww52 said:
Currently Im in the middle of costructing a full size replica of a horse drawn vehicle,so will post some pictures shortly for your perusal. :D

That will be worth seeing =D>

Alan Jones":2pfvaqqp said:
Im in the middle of costructing a full size replica of a horse drawn vehicle,so will post some pictures shortly for your perusal. :D
Kewl 8)

And look, see? You can't blame this one on me, all right? He's sliding all on his own, okay? Like I ever so much as lay a finger on anyone. [-( Can I help it if the Slope is so alluring? :whistle:

129fs4171645.gif

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Anyone know how to tweak smilies to make that slope a bit more realistic. i.e. vertical? :lol:

Welcome to the forum (from one newbie to another...!).

I saw Grand designs the other week and the guy on it said something that really resonated with me - "You only fail when you stop".

Now in woodworking terms this could become very, very expensive if you keep messing up timber but if at first you don't succeed... :wink:

(Just don't tell SWMBO...)

Hi Alan

Welcome to the mad house, as you've seen we're a friendly bunch of wood butchers and always happy to embrace another... :wink:

Alf":34g61ssi said:
129fs4171645.gif

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Anyone know how to tweak smilies to make that slope a bit more realistic. i.e. vertical? :lol:

Alf think you know that you need an animated gif editor to do the job. Please don't do it - if you make it more realistic it may frighten off the unsuspecting (as I was) and lessen the enjoyment of watching many others slip :lol: :lol:

Cheers :D
Tony

Latest posts

Back