New member of the group and my planned workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, for those of you who might be interested, my build is substantially complete! Thank you to all who offered help and advice. Photos are attached and yes I know stuff is amend in but it's because I have moved a lot of stuff from storage, it will get sorted soon. The compressor on the outside will be housed in an enclosure.
I am really pleased with the epdm roof, it IS straightforward to apply but not as easy as the instructional vids would have you believe! Especially when you have awkward roof lights.
Lots and lots of finishing to do - compressor housing to build, down pipes/water butts/guttering to finish etc, etc....
All in all, it's been a really good experience and I have learned a huge amount. I would do lots different if I did it again but this will do for now!
John

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 774
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 774
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 774
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 774
  • image9.JPG
    image9.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 774
  • image13.JPG
    image13.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 774
I am really sorry about the upside down photos, no idea why...they are the right way up in the directory I took them from. If anyone can tell me how I will fix it!

John

Looking good John - and thanks for the heads up on Fenstro windows. I'm altering my workshop plans as I type this :)

Paul

Just for the information of those wanting to view the photos without standing on their heads, weirdly enough, if you click on them and view them individually, they appear the right way up. No idea what's happening!
John

Oaktree11":rzdw0t65 said:
Lurker and Biskit,
Guys, I don't know what to say. I love my Super 7 and I have always dabbled in mechanical engineering, metalwork etc but I played rugby for 52 years and I have found that I just can't do the heavy stuff, lying on the floor, bending down etc any more. Plus, I am excited about gaining new skills in woodwork and buying new toys to play with. The added bonus is that we have a 230 year old cottage and I can make stuff that's useful! Starting with the windows for the workshop!!
I appreciate the sentiments though
John

If you sell the Super Seven, you'll regret it; sooner or later! Especially if later, you are lured into making your own woodwork tools! :wink:

John

Benchwayze, I know it. Too late now. It's on eBay, ending tomorrow evening. Very sad to see it go. On the plus side it means I can buy more woodworking toys!
I need a much better table saw to replace the evolution one I bought to build the workshop. It did a great job but it's not at all accurate. I am thinking of the Bosch GTS10XC. I am wondering if it can also replace a mitre saw?
John

John,
If you're going for a table saw, wait until you can buy a proper job. (Not one for which you need to build a stand.) Go for at least a 10" (250mm) blade, twin mitre channels, so you can have a stable cross-cut sled, and a sliding table, (if you have the space.) Also an induction-motor is usually standard on a proper table saw. So much quieter than brush motors, practically no noise until you cut; and with a good blade even that is not so loud.

That was my mistake in the early days. I always bought what I could afford, rather then wait until I could buy better. Ergo, I have no table saw. (No room for one really, but had I done things differently I could have designed my shop around the table-saw. )

If you want a saw to act as a mitre saw, get a Festool TS 55 and rail. It will need more room than a Mitre saw, but set it up on trestles, and it can do all that a chop-saw can do. It will also cut sheets down to size; as accurately as a table saw and it also stows away when not in use, leaving you with more floor area.

HTH

John

Back