New Member - Hi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Morris

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just joined and thought I'd say Hi.

I would like to try Intarsia after seeing some amazing pieces on line and in a book I purchased. I've read numerous posts (elsewhere) on the web and am hooked. I just need a scroll saw.

I'm thinking of getting the Axminster awfs18, do you think this one would be ok? I've vacuumed the shed, cleaned the windows and purchased some hard wood offcuts. I intend to buy some plexiglass? (clear 1/8" plastic) to make patterns of the pieces first.

I'm off now.

regards
Gary

Welcome to a great site,I am a new member myself,Intarsia is the expert in your field.Who will I am sure get in touch with you.You will probably get advice on the Axminster from somebody on this site.

Bryan Bennett

Welcome Gary. Try the search facility for anything you would like to know, I've used it successfully many times for instant answers, and posted on forum for up to date advice

Enjoy (hammer)

hI Gary and welcome to the forum - there are many intarsia experts on here, I'm sure some who are lurking in the background will be along to help you shortly.

Personally I only occasionally use the method where I wish to have a three dimensional inlay within a piece of furniture - The picture below being from the upstand on a hall table I completed for a client just before Christmas.

DSCF5716_zps8dabb962.jpg

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replys, Ill certainly be using them.
Dodge, your 'Robin and Holly' is beautiful, if I can achieve (eventually) something half as good I'll be well chuffed.

I read in my Intarsia book about a 'Light Box' so I'm off to the shed to concoct one

see you later
regards
Gary

Welcome Gary you are in the right place to find out what you need to know ,very helpful on here as a newbie myself I've found the forum a hugh help to get started . If you check back on posts you will find out what different folk think of makes of saws .How much you are going to be using it will probly be a big factor in your choice .Better is best in my opinion . Good luck.

Hutzul":81fa3b4s said:
Wow Dodge, that is well good !! I'd go so far as to call it spectacular, but not sure it's spelled right. :roll: I'll ask my ex wife she knows every thing :oops:

Dodge ,I agree with Hutzl and when he finds out if the spelling is right you can include me in what he says . =D> =D>
I dream of things like that thank you for showing .

RogerBoyle":2lwxq9h6 said:
Hutzul":2lwxq9h6 said:
I'll ask my ex wife she knows every thing :oops:

If her name was Sue ........... Would you like her back :twisted: :twisted:

Not in a million years mate. I don't need any more financial directors, lol.

It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to know that I am depriving some woman of a perfectly good silly person !! #-o

Back