new member here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, my names Matt and I've been working with wood as a hobby for many years. I trained at 18 as a builder working on internal renovations until I went to Uni at 24 to study architecture. I got a job out of uni working for a bespoke metal work/lighting/furniture in the design department. Then I moved to work in the setting out department of a shop fitting company where I learned how to design and create technical drawings for the joiners. I've now gone back to being self employed as I need some control in my life.

long story short I'm now setting up my own small work shop to design and make products myself for the next portion of my career. I'm really keen to get stuck in on the forum and soak up all the woodworking knowledge and advice I can from you guys and anything I can give back I am more than happy to do so.

I have a lot of experience with 3d cad software, Autodesk Inventor mainIy but I've just moved to Fusion 360 so if anyone needs help with that side of things then please feel free to ask and I will help where I can. I also do freelance cad design if needed. I have a good bit of experience with injection moulded plastic.

I am really keen to up my game when it comes to my making skills.

Hi and welcome to our sanitarium :ROFLMAO:

For Sharpening Club, think of the film FIGHT CLUB, and the infamous line
"...1st rule no one talks about fight club...".
Well that's how to treat anything on Sharpening related posts... just mention it, sit back and watch skin and hair and ideas and arguments fly 😐😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️:ROFLMAO:😐

Hi all, my names Matt and I've been working with wood as a hobby for many years. I trained at 18 as a builder working on internal renovations until I went to Uni at 24 to study architecture. I got a job out of uni working for a bespoke metal work/lighting/furniture in the design department. Then I moved to work in the setting out department of a shop fitting company where I learned how to design and create technical drawings for the joiners. I've now gone back to being self employed as I need some control in my life.

long story short I'm now setting up my own small work shop to design and make products myself for the next portion of my career. I'm really keen to get stuck in on the forum and soak up all the woodworking knowledge and advice I can from you guys and anything I can give back I am more than happy to do so.

I have a lot of experience with 3d cad software, Autodesk Inventor mainIy but I've just moved to Fusion 360 so if anyone needs help with that side of things then please feel free to ask and I will help where I can. I also do freelance cad design if needed. I have a good bit of experience with injection moulded plastic.

I am really keen to up my game when it comes to my making skills.
Hi Matty,
hope you like it here.

Hi and welcome to our sanitarium :ROFLMAO:

For Sharpening Club, think of the film FIGHT CLUB, and the infamous line
"...1st rule no one talks about fight club...".
Well that's how to treat anything on Sharpening related posts... just mention it, sit back and watch skin and hair and ideas and arguments fly 😐😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️:ROFLMAO:😐
🤣

Back