New lathe(really nice ones)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisk

Established Member
Reaction score
In the market for a new lathe. I have a Wadkin BL150 and would like some more capacity so I am in the market for a new lathe. Over here in western Canada there are Vicmarc, Oneway, General, VB36 and perhaps a Robust . I like the looks of the Robust but it is so damn much money. I think it will be the Vicmarc VL 300 or the Oneway 2436. |Feedback please.

Sorry you are not getting any feedback

I think the bottom line is a lack of experience of the lathes you mention, however the vicmark and oneway are both often referred to and seen over here and feature in the "premium" brands discussed.

Both Vicmarc and Oneway are premium lathes with good back up for very reliable products. I doubt if you would go wrong with either choice.
When it gets down to one model over another then try and get some hands on time with each one. This will sort it out for you, failing that strike a deal with the store over your dilemma :D let them bring the best deal to you.

I can give you one more option to consider. Black Forest Woods in Calgary is a Powermatic dealer and could get you a 3520B. It has a sliding headstock like the
Robust does, 2 HP electronic variable speed, 20 inch swing over the lathe bed and is a heavy cast iron lathe I bought one from them and am very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back