New Festool TS55 on eBay

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You couldn't rip a standard board with 1 rail, so I can't see the point of buying only 1 rail :?

Dave

As has been pointed out, the saws aren't the same model. The axminster one is the EBQ (for 240V) and the ebay one is just the Q. So the difference is electronic speed control and brake which are nice to have.

Incidentally I've seen that some festool dealers on ebay are selling at the old prices but with the new deals like 2 guide rails with the saws. I doubt it'll stay like this for too long, so I'd buy now if you want one.

I have the older saw model and the older guides- you cannot guarantee a straight line with two of the old rails connected- not sure about the new ones though.

If you do buy a rail suitable for cutting 2440 be advised the you need extra length on both the run in and run out. The old rail could have done with being 200mm longer.

I would definately pay the extra for the electronics- I don't understand why the make the cheaper version.

Back