New Festool Domino KD connectors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam9453

Established Member
Reaction score
Further to the recent topic, I thought people might be interested to know you only need the 14mm cutter* to use these connectors.
I also spoke to festool about supplying me one of each part so I could test them before biting the bullet and purchasing a larger quantity, festool weren't able to send me any samples but instead they are organising for their rep to visit me with the kit so he can demo it to me and I can have a play with them.
I will report on my findings once I've had a go with them.

Thanks again to custard for making me aware of this product coming out.

*Edited as you don't need the 12mm cutter according to the festool rep that visited me.

I'll be able to better advise you once I've seen them in the flesh but in theory yes they should be ideal.
The stock would need to be at least 30mm thick from what I have read but if you want to be able to dismantle and re-assemble the crib then I expect they would be ideal

The feedback people gave over on the FOG after seeing these at a recent show was very mixed. The cost of them will be the deciding factor i guess

The cost equates to roughly £3 per joint so its not cheap but not expensive when compared to some equivalent fittings.
It will be interesting if I think they're worth the expense once I've had a play with them.

The festool rep dropped by to see me today, he told me you only need the 14mm cutter (not the 12mm as head office had said). The fittings feel very good quality and certainly appear ideal for the task.
I will update further once I have actually fitted them into some test pieces of timber, we didn't have time to do that today.

Got a demo of these earlier in the week and now we're going to use them to joint 140 x40 oak architraves. They're a lovely solid joint. I've got to make architraves for 300 frames so got a good price from ffx, works @£1.97 per fixing.

Back