New box project completed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david simper

Established Member
Reaction score
This box is a gift for our departing line manager. I am glad that I'm not going to have to try and sell it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanley_cl ... 828395470/

Read the captions for my own criticisms. Overall I'm quite pleased with the outcome particularly with the lid down, but I won't be making another this way.

Note that the front, back and sides are from rescued sections of the recently posted bathroom cabinet that cataclysmically ended up as firewood, so at least something has been got from that disastrous project. :)

Looks very nice - he'll probably love it (as I find it's other woodworkers who notice the faults,whereas the non-woodworking public don't even see them)

Andrew

I know that I learn a lot by making mistakes and most things that I have posted have had the mistakes highlighted hoping that it would help others, also people can help you.

Nice design though.

That's a very nice looking box - I'm sure it's very much appreciated. The Danish Oil seems to give a nice finish and contrast between the two light timbers. It even makes the pine look quite nice! :wink:

Totally agree with you on the subject of flaws - we cringe whenever we look at our own work, but nobody else can see that they're there! :D

Latest posts

Back