New Axminster Craft Bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tervueren

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a second bandsaw to supplement my old ELU 3401 and I'm considering one of the new saws the AC1950 but I'm a little confused on reading the specs, they say it has a cast iron table then go on to say with a steel plate rear extension, what do they mean by this, is it two piece construction or am I being thick, I don't live very close to an outlet to look for myself so has anyone here actually seen one in the flesh.
https://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-c ... saw-105093
John

email or call axminster to explain. I cant see what they mean either. They are very good at customer service. I have found errors on their website and they have corrected them the same day.

I might be just a steel rail for the fence to latch onto on the outfeed side of the table. Mine has an aluminium one, I believe.

Contacted them just now, short answer is they don't know as they've not seen them yet lol, they're contacting me later with shipping date and more info

The Axminster website now says available February 2019, so I'd either be looking elsewhere or you'll soon be going shoe shopping!

BigMonka":pghfgwgq said:
The Axminster website now says available February 2019, so I'd either be looking elsewhere or you'll soon be going shoe shopping!

Thanks, when I tried adding to basket it said a week!! When chatting online with them earlier I asked them to provide some details and shipping dates but I've not received any reply as yet so looks like it'll be the lumberjack.
John

From what I can tell (from conversations with ax staff) there has been something of a cock up. They’ve launched the new catalogue and with it the craft range but they’ve been let down by a supplier so have no stock!

I’m prepared to wait for what I want but how many will look elsewhere?

Back