New addition to the cast iron family

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_belgium

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought this old planer/thicknesser couple of months ago

381997145.jpg

Picked up this old saw today, in addition to the saw it also has a morticing attachment, don't know the exact english term for it.

383759248.jpg

Unloading it from the trailer by myself was quite the adventure, parked the car in my workshop and offcourse hit my planer thicknesser wich made a nice dent in my bumper :) old iron - new plastic 1-0

383759329.jpg

Have a couple of lifting straps but none was the exact length I needed, couldn't get it of off the trailer completely, was still barely touching, so I just drove the car from underneath :D not my smartest move, but it worked!

383759251.jpg

The eagle has landed :)

383759246.jpg

Already took the table off, will take apart the drive and lifting gear tomorrow, wasn't going as smooth as I wanted it.

Paid 750€ for this machine.

that saw is probably heavier than your car!! ;) Lovely bit of kit. Good price too.

Had to make a 660 km round trip to pick up the saw and was a bit worried about the weight with my tiny car, but in the end it was ok, the trailer I have has it's own brakes and as long as I didn't go over 90km/h it was ok.

I 'strategically' placed a 20 by 20 cm I beam about 6m in in my garage specifically for lifting heavy stuff like this, or a car engine or something like that, not really clear in the picture, but on either side the beam is not only supported by the walls but also by a vertical square steel post wich runs alongside the wall. But that said, it was a bit scary driving the trailer from underneath the saw and see it swinging around in my shop! :D

Xy - I think he's shifted the planet off axis
so much heavy metal in one place

Latest posts

Back