Never lose time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Truciolara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello every one
I’m back from a travelling woodturning week and, as usual I see many wonderful realizations on the forum.
We were professional wood turners working together and exchanging techniques and opinions. When a lathe was available and the hands were itching we only had to pick a piece of wood somewhere and turn a little something.
This one was a fast one.
For the captive ring a dentist scraper

AneauPris%20M.jpg

La Truciolara":ofslkhb9 said:
For the captive ring a dentist scraper

Hi Truc

I use a couple of dentist scrapers for captive rings, especially smaller ones...much better than the 'realtool.' Have you put handles on yours? I ask because I find that on harder woods the very narrow handle of the pick is difficult to hold steady. If you have, any chance of some images please?

I also use a 6" nail ground down to do detail work. Put a handle on that one.

Pete

Hello Pete.

I must say I use this dentist scrapers only for vary small items, just for fun I’d say, and my tool rest been so near to the wood, the lever is not that strong. SO, with this torture tools I do not put a handle. ASAP I will shoot a picture of my favourite dentist scraper.
Conversely, I do put a handle when using bens tell nails. When I first tried, I was hold the nail without a handle, and the cove was very nice… but in my thumb..

I thought I might as well take the picture now, otherwise I would have quickly forgotten. (age is not always a good companion)
This is my favorite one.
I’m sorry about the darkness of the photo, but I didn’t have the proper lighting. You can click to enlarge the photo.

Latest posts

Back