Need help identifying Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Bought this lovely saw last week-no idea what it is. 7 ppi crosscut, 26 inches long. No etch discernable, here is a picture of the medallion.
mystery1.jpg

mystery2.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Philly :D

Hi Phil,

Like Alf, probably made in the US. The handle shape and the eagle indicate that.

I'm not very good on medallions. And that is an unusual one. I can post an inquiry to the old tools list if you would like...

Take care, Mike
passing the buck some more :lol:

Mike
If you wouldn't mind? Cheers!
So it looks like a vaguely interesting saw? The handle was a little damp (must of been badly stored) although the blade was o.k. Some pitting but nothing too close to the teeth. After cleaning the handle with turps and a coat of wax it looked a lot happier (oh and letting the handle dry out!) and a gentle clean and wax of the blade. A little "Philly Tooth Tickling" and it cuts much better (although not as well as yours, Mike 8-[ ) I'll post another pic soon.
Darn dial-up.....

Hi Phil,

The couple people who responded believe it is a Disston-made house brand for most likely a hardware store.

Todd Hughes believes it is the model 90.

Is a nice looking saw. And it is probably happy with someone looking after it again...

Take care, Mike

Philly":3jsua3xk said:
Thanks for that, Mike :D
So I did well for $10 ?
Cheers
There's the Philly we've all come to know and love!

Even without a fast internet connection, ya still got it!

Take care, Mike

Back