Nana's Tea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is another collaborative turning, I turned this teapot from Pear and Cynthia did the surface design. She wanted to create the illusion of Nana’s favorite stoneware teapot that has seen many teatimes. Pyro with a wash of color, acrylic spray finish and buffed. 3 1/2" x 7"
All parts of this teapot are turned.

Comments & Critiques more than welcome. Mike.

Attachments

• Nan's teapot.jpg
    Nan's teapot.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 937
Nev,
Really difficult to say how long this took to burn since it was done over a few weeks time. I find it fatiguing to sit with the burner for hours on end so frequent breaks are necessary. After the pyro, I added a wash of color to the back ground, avoiding the flowers, vines and leaves.
Cheers,
Cynthia

Very nice. I think the dimensions work as well as the colors. I was just given a log of supposed pear so I will have to give it a try this winter.

well proportioned - nice work

if I was to be hypercritical - the perfectness of the circle with the handle detracts a bit ,felt the same way when I did one myself and went with a slightly different shape.

Harlequin":dikytcxj said:
well proportioned - nice work

if I was to be hypercritical - the perfectness of the circle with the handle detracts a bit ,felt the same way when I did one myself and went with a slightly different shape.

l have to agree with you, once finished that was the only thing l did not feel comfortable about. Guess that is why l don't do it that way any more.
Thanks for your comments. Mike.

Latest posts

Back