Mystery Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody know or comment on this little plane?

f1d5_12.JPG

Hi

possible if it's Stanley a no 164 low angle plane from 1926- 1943 , 9" in length with a 2" cutter with a skewed mouth or a no 64 butchers block plane , my thoughts are it's more likely to be the 164.hc

ps any markings on it at all :?:

Hi Arminusrex

Hi Graham nice to hear from you again , I'm not a collector each one of my planes are to be used as and when i need them i just like to have a full set of them as each one has it's own use . only need the one's that you know about and I'll have my set then , well the one that i can afford that is and then that only leaves the Stanley no 1 , 2 & 8 but there no way will i pay those over inflated prices for them .hc

head clansman":5c93tlvj said:
Hi

possible if it's Stanley a no 164 low angle plane from 1926- 1943 , 9" in length with a 2" cutter with a skewed mouth or a no 64 butchers block plane , my thoughts are it's more likely to be the 164.hc

ps any markings on it at all :?:

It's neither of those - compare it with the piccies on B&G.

Can we have a link to the auction?

BugBear

hI

I didnt say it was either of them , i siad it's possible one or the other i made my judgment from by the pics in the brunner link . simple because we dont even know at the moment if it is a stanley for sure . hc 8)

PS BUG BEAR WROTE

Can we have a link to the auction
????????

head clansman":1k8w8d5a said:
hI

I didnt say it was either of them , i siad it's possible one or the other i made my judgment from by the pics in the brunner link . simple because we dont even know at the moment if it is a stanley for sure . hc 8)

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan9.htm#num62

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan9.htm#num64

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan13.htm#num164

PS BUG BEAR WROTE

Can we have a link to the auction
????????

This picture is hosted on eBay, so I assume this plane is for sale.

BugBear

Hi,

It won't make much, unless a couple of idiots start outbiding each other!

Pete

What's this all about then? The plane just linked to doesn't look like a scraper plane to me. The blade leans back at a normal angle, whereas scraper planes have the blade leaning forwards. It doesn't look like a scrub plane either - it's got a very small, un-beefy blade.
Is it some sort of early approach to a replacement blade plane?

Andy

Racers":3tbpkg2b said:
Hi,

Found another!

Scraper plane?

Pete

Dear Lord - I assumed the first one was missing its blade, but it HAS a blade - horrible nasty thing, folded over to meet the depth adjust.

Not nice.

BugBear

Hi BB

It looks like the blade is under that folded metal part if you Ctrl + in on the pics you can just see another piece of metal. I recon the lateral leaver pivots on the "cap iron" and moves the blade with the lower pin, how the hell the blade is held securely is any ones guess. if it was 99p I might have bid on it, but £27.50 and £4.80 postage!

Pete

Back