Myford ml8 Disaster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsutton29

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi well it happened. Try to remove the spindle from the headstock the headstock cracked and the bearings came out and well it’s now in the bin. Has anyone got a ml8 headstock in good working order for sale please. I’m very tempted to bin the rest and buy a new record power 250. But the ml8 came with a disc sander attachment which is needed. Not sure what to do now

Not sur if I’m up to 25 posts yet. But I’m thinking of selling all the bits instead. Gutted payed £300 yesterday for it

Thanks think that’s the way to go. Was new to turning. Now I’m having second thoughts. Stick to what I know lol

No chance of repair. When the spindle came out it was badly scored and damaged and the bearings are shot. So they went in the bin. I’m going to take some pics and see if any takers on here. Think I’ll leave the turning alone. To stressful.

Another approach buy the above ebay item then sell a full lathe prob get more money that way.........If you were in Sussex I might have taken them on

Sounds like you have already made up your mind.
Years ago I bought my first lathe, an old clunker metal lathe and when trying to remove the spindle I cracked the headstock casting, devastated I drilled 2 holes across the crack, tapped one side and bolted it back together using machine screws, It gave me years of good service after that until I eventually scrapped it and got a newer, less worn lathe. Obviously it depends on where the damage is.

Back