My version of festool mft

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good Chris - though it looks *very* clean for something made last year - and great idea using the Dewalt stands too. Very hipster-ish shooting the video in portrait, btw ;)

Pete

petermillard":24d395oy said:
Very good Chris - though it looks *very* clean for something made last year - and great idea using the Dewalt stands too. Very hipster-ish shooting the video in portrait, btw ;)

Pete
I look after things Peter lol , apart from the big white line which is filler from where I was half asleep and sawed through the top lol.

Have you voted today ;)

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

chippy1970":14wivd34 said:
Have you voted today ;)
Did it in the week, no worries
thumbsup.gif

Pete

Looks good. I really want to make something like this but it most be super portable as I have no space left lol.

Yeah my workshop is only small with a low ceiling so I have to use clever techniques when I'm working.

I did all the holes with a router and a 6mm mdf jig that I made. You can buy a jig on eBay now I noticed.

chippy1970":3juxo4xs said:
Yeah my workshop is only small with a low ceiling so I have to use clever techniques when I'm working.

I did all the holes with a router and a 6mm mdf jig that I made. You can buy a jig on eBay now I noticed.

I had a jig CNCd a couple of years ago, I used to bang on about lending it out for nothing on the FOG in the olden days, but nobody ever took me up, mostly because it's too Merkan there.

So if anyone wants to borrow one, it's available in North Somerset. Half sheet of 8x4 with 30mm holes for a guide bush to drop straight into.

I've MFTd loads of things in the past including an Ikea stool which is surprisingly handy - not my idea, probably stolen from here.

It's so handy having a holey bench, more than I thought it would be.

I even used my bessey clamps with it this week to do a glue up on a wardrobe carcase this week. I took the ends off the clamps slid the bar up through several of the holes then put the heads back on. I could then clamp down shelves to the wardrobe side laying on the bench.

I'm sure a picture would be easier to explain that but I haven't got one so hope it makes sense lol

I look after things Peter lol , apart from the big white line which is filler from where I was half asleep and sawed through the top lol.

And there was me thinking it was some sort of guide or design feature :lol:

Paul200":1k6bqklz said:

And there was me thinking it was some sort of guide or design feature :lol:
No it's what happens when you're still working at 9pm one night. Whoops lol

Latest posts

Back