My thoughts on the AC216TS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As this mitre gauge discussion is now taking off.....

I did consider the sliding table, but (as some mentioned) it takes up more room. Thus I opted not to have it and the Incra kit is very shiny indeed. Makes a nice ornament on the wall ;)

For pieces that are too wide for the mitresaw, the table saw can be used instead. Takes less time to set up then a straight edge and circular saw and is more accurate. The mitregauge also keeps my hands well clear of the blade and my body to the far left of blade should something kickback (although that should not happen as the fence is then removed.)

Apart from these small (and one major) niggles I have had with the saw, it appears very decent for the price. Having free shipping to Norway, I only paid import fee and VAT which still places the saw below the price of a DW745 which was also a contender.

However the noise level on the AC216TS is excellent compared to the standard job site saws.

MikeJhn":1js55r6o said:
At 70Kg that it 2Kg heavier then the TS250-2, obviously a substantial increase in mass somewhere, perhapse the wider mitre slots may explain an increase in mass of the table top to accommodate them.
Lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Still please with my saw although I did have to do a little bit of filing at the ends of the T slots to allow my mitre gauge to slide properly.
What confuses me is why the saw package comes with the top for the cabinet stand which is an optional extra? This seems a total waste for anyone like me who already has a stand. Why wouldn’t you include this with the stand?

Glynne":3300pkue said:
Still please with my saw although I did have to do a little bit of filing at the ends of the T slots to allow my mitre gauge to slide properly.
What confuses me is why the saw package comes with the top for the cabinet stand which is an optional extra? This seems a total waste for anyone like me who already has a stand. Why wouldn’t you include this with the stand?

I wouldn't be filing the top itself as you risk introducing alignment errors in the most expensive thing - much better (and easier to be more accurate) to file down the mitre gauge sliders - they are replaceable.

I think the top you can attach directly to the bottom of the saw without the stand - making dust collection more affective.

Thanks for the reply. It was only the very ends of the T slots and had I filed down the sliders to compensate, there would have been play in the middle. Only a slight adjustment so no real danger of alignment errors.
You can attach the top to the bottom of the saw as that is how I think it drops into the cabinet base but there is a “box” structure which means that it won’t sit on a flat surface such as a bench or in my case, a previous saw stand.

Glynne":g80lwky0 said:
Thanks for the reply. It was only the very ends of the T slots and had I filed down the sliders to compensate, there would have been play in the middle. Only a slight adjustment so no real danger of alignment errors.
You can attach the top to the bottom of the saw as that is how I think it drops into the cabinet base but there is a “box” structure which means that it won’t sit on a flat surface such as a bench or in my case, a previous saw stand.
The stand I made is 'hollow' in the middle so it fits ok, but I see your point.

Latest posts

Back