My new workshop. finally in. With pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrYorke":16a6qwzc said:
There are no metal walls. They are an insulated panel of some sort. There is a spare 1 resting against the wall slightly to the right in the picture. Think they are the same as what's being used on the roof. About 150mm thick and corrugated.

My mistake I hadn't spotted that.
xy

Internal stud wall with insulation (rockwool or celotex) lined with chipboard is the way to go.
If you are thinking of a mezzanine in the future you can use it to support that, but would need a steel frame in it depending on span.
Space stud wall off the block work and it give you a service duct for cabling and pipe work.
Good luck with the new space.

MrYorke":3ga75ain said:
Oh that's very interesting. I know where that factory is. Used to drive past on jobs occasionally when I used to work in Cwmbran. Thanks for that :)

Finally got everything moved in today. Just need to sort it out!

Everything?????? I can't see the most important tool in anyone's armoury - the kettle!

I'd agree with Rodders and XY.
I would think that insulating the brick walls would return minimal gains when compared with the roof and metal cladding. Definitely would be my first priority.

cheers
Bob

My mistake I hadn't spotted that.
xy[/quote

No worries at all. I thought it was metal when I first looked at it! Is a high ceiling so not sure how I'm going to improve things without a big outlay. There is also a big roller shutter to deal with before winter

Lons":3rcs36hx said:
I'd agree with Rodders and XY.
I would think that insulating the brick walls would return minimal gains when compared with the roof and metal cladding. Definitely would be my first priority.

cheers
Bob

No metal cladding. It's some sort of plastic insulating board.

A good way to limit some of the heat loss through the roller shutter door is to make a simple plastic curtain to hang across the inside of it.

The air gap is your insulator. We used flexible PVC sheet to do ours but thats because we are a PVC welding company so have tons of the stuff.

You would probably find large plastic sheets like damp proof membrane a cheap material to make the curtain out of.

flat n smooth":15avlb7q said:
if you do go with the celotex or kingspan idea which also sounds fine with maybe an 100mm gap from the wall, im sure chipboard will be fine to cover the face side. look out for seconds of celotex or kingspan from the factory near Pencoed I think (rockwool). I will try and find out the number for you they also do delivery.
karl

If you could PM me the number as well I'd really appreciate that. I need a few sheets for my shed, but don't need or want anything swanky.

Hi, I'm new to the group.
If you're still looking for insulation for the workshop, I have quite a lot let over from my workshop project. Free to go home.

Latest posts

Back