My new toy!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
My cinema room is close to completion now after a flood and the insurers/tradesmen should be out by the end of next week, so I have just bagged myself this bad boy as replacement for the Jurassic (in both age and size) one we inherited from the previous owners.

SONY VPL-HW10 - Full 1080P
sony-bravia-vpl-hw10-hd-sxrd-projector.jpg

I agreed with the boss (The Missus) that we could get a new one in time for the World Cup so I phoned my man at the local AV Shoppe and he said he had one in. Because it is a discontinued model (new once came out a couple of months ago) I am getting the shop demo one, 8.5 hours on the lamp, for just under £1500 :shock: With full 3 year SONY warranty where they come to your house to fix it if there's any issues.

Waaaaay more than I planned to spend but it is frighteningly good, so I will just have to miss a couple of payments on my car to pay for it :D

AV man reckoned that there are some projector enthusiasts who collect old 3 lens projectors so the old BARCO Cine7 I am getting rid of (below) is worth up to £500-£600 to the right person. Time to get on the 'bay I reckon... :D

Here's a pic of the old beast
hy_7lt_03.jpg

And here's a random pic I found on the web of it needing 4 blokes to mount it!!! I mean, it does weigh 38Kilo's but me and my 8 and half months pregnant missus took it down ouselves the other night. She undid the bolts and I rested it on my head :shock: Damn near crushed me! :D

pdrm0319tt7.jpg

er that's three blokes. One has an extra arm coming out of his back!

I'm not commenting on Cinema Rooms, you rich tw*t :lol:

wizer":14c2x2y9 said:

He's not that rich if he needs to miss a couple of payments on the car to pay for it. :lol:

studders":2tl0kveu said:
Must be a pipper loading the Tape, what with it fixed to the ceiling. :D
Yeah, but it will be great to get back to watching them there BetaMax's again!!!;)

wizer":2tl0kveu said:
You are welcome to come and use it if you want. There's a nice big sofa in there you can lie down on when your wizened old spine gets tired ;)

Mcluma":2tl0kveu said:
what kind of screen do you have?
A big white one :D

It's a Vutec VisionX but not sure exactly which model.

Gary":2tl0kveu said:
He's not that rich if he needs to miss a couple of payments on the car to pay for it.
Not rich at all, pay day last week.

Anyway, just off for my dinner, A nice tall glass of water and my own special invention I like to call 'Beans on toast, sans beans'. It's french you see.

:lol:

Hmmm, we have one of those 3 lamp Barcos dangling from a roof at work, hasn't been connected up for years. Maybe I'll do a late night tomorrow.....

We also have the flashier new ones in the ceilings of some meeting rooms, apparently when the bulbs go on those (and they have already) it makes more economic sense to get a new projector as the bulbs cost so damn much

TrimTheKing":2ah08xi7 said:
wizer":2ah08xi7 said:
You are welcome to come and use it if you want. There's a nice big sofa in there you can lie down on when your wizened old spine gets tired ;)

Thanks, But I'm not watching 24 tarts running around a field whilst their girlfriends are selling stories to white trash mags !!! :lol:

wizer":7pceksr0 said:
Thanks, But I'm not watching 24 tarts running around a field whilst their girlfriends are selling stories to white trash mags !!! :lol:

Wizer - How do you know my missus?

I'm sure they're the exact words she used the other day when I offhandedly mentioned Sky and NUFC back in the premiership :?

Bob

wizer":1kkm89a4 said:
Haha, you officially know nothing about football do you? :D

Either that or you're rubbish at maths! ;)

Ironballs":1kkm89a4 said:
We also have the flashier new ones in the ceilings of some meeting rooms, apparently when the bulbs go on those (and they have already) it makes more economic sense to get a new projector as the bulbs cost so damn much
Yeah some of them are horrendous. Bulb life is approximately 2500 hours on this one, and retail for about £300 apiece, but I've found a supplier that does them for £120 so have ordered 2. That should see me through the life of it, I hope...

No I honestly thought there were 12 players per side. How many are there? I really hate football. It's almost as bad as wrestling!

wizer":hg008zb5 said:
No I honestly thought there were 12 players per side. How many are there? I really hate football. It's almost as bad as wrestling!

Please please please don't start a conversation about football. If you hate it so much just don't care how many players there are. You're tempting fate - before long there'll be an overly long dialogue about numbers, positions, what I would do if I were manager, talking of which - the fantasy league, it's a game of two halvZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Just STOP it - alright!

Wrestling game on the N64 was one of the best ever, Battle Royal with 4 in the ring and using a chair to smash another blokes face in just can't be beaten. Great days Eddie, great days

Ironballs":1pb07fkk said:
Wrestling game on the N64 was one of the best ever, Battle Royal with 4 in the ring and using a chair to smash another blokes face in just can't be beaten. Great days Eddie, great days

I agree actually, that, James Bond and Mario Kart.

The point is, I was 9 when I stopped watching Wresting..... (and I was 8 when I realised it's all one big soap opera).

barkwindjammer":1csmwtrr said:
a rich man may enter the kingdom of heaven-with a condition emposed
Sorry, not quite sure I understand your point. Can you elaborate?

I understand you are paraphrasing Matthew 19:23-26, but I don't see the relevance to a topic on a projector for watching telly on...

Latest posts

Back