My new router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdust maker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I would like to share my new router table (not the prettiest but works well). A few of you will have seen my previous thread on the fixed base routers I got of e-bay (Unexpected gift). Well here are the photos showing what I did with them.
The router came like this.
Routeraspurchased.jpg

as I said previously. The router design makes it difficult to change cutters because the router cannot be taken out of the base. To fix this I disconnected the wire coming out or the router at the switch in the handle and put a straight 10 amp connecter. As shown here.
Routerwithconnector.jpg

I did the same on the second router, but also removed the handles and fitted the base to the router table.
Routerintable.jpg

I have fitted a NVR switch to the table and this is connected to the router via three pin plug and a 10 amp connector. The table is constructed following the same design as I shared with you in the thread in the design section (Space saving machine slide). So it can be pulled out when in use. As there are no legs or supports to get in the way you have lots of access to the router to make adjustments.
RouterTable.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photos.
Paul

Nice one, I am making one at the moment and taking a little while but worth the effort.

This stuff doesn't have to look pretty, as long as everything is straight and accurate thats all the matters.

G

Back