My latest offering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Had some time on my hands ( at last )

so turned this :-

IMG_1345.jpg

sorry about the brick !!

IMG_1346.jpg

and the under side

IMG_1347.jpg

Looks very nice,shape and finish look good,and the spalting in the timber make it look fantastic.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work,now you've re-discovered the lathe :wink:

Andrew

Great looking piece Blister, as Pete says the simplicity of the shape and proportions result in an elegance not always easy to achieve, especially with a sample of wood with such distinctive markings. Looks like you coped well with the differing spalting densities.

Very nice there Blister :D
Love the colour of the wood.Nice shape and finish.
About time we saw some more of your work. :wink:
Paul.J.

:p Glad you all like it :p

I am working on a deeper bowl at the moment elm burr , started turning the outside and half way down I came across a big soft knot that looks like it will fall out when i turn the inside :cry:

still , I will see what happens :cry:

Blister":3rxr0nlg said:
...I came across a big soft knot that looks like it will fall out when i turn the inside

Then soak it in thin CA glue before you proceed, if no CA to hand then force as much PVA glue as you can into the cracks and voids to see if you can retain it.

CHJ":23coytax said:
Blister":23coytax said:
...I came across a big soft knot that looks like it will fall out when i turn the inside

Then soak it in thin CA glue before you proceed, if no CA to hand then force as much PVA glue as you can into the cracks and voids to see if you can retain it.

Depending on what wood it is it might be worth giving it a coat of sealer around the knot first to stop it sytaining the wood on the outside if you have already shaped it. CA gle stains deep in my experience

Pete

Latest posts

Back