My invenshion

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have always wanted to invent something.
I was up a ladder, not a good idea at 70 and thinking there could be a better way and with all the battery tools about, how about a electric/battery ladder.
The devise would slot on the two sides of your ladder then there would be a platform, the width of the rungs and room for your feet to stand on, then with your remote control it takes you up, press again to lower.
Tell me when you have marketed it.

I think you mean one of these:

Attachments

• 2656.jpg
    2656.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 820
Penny":3gqhdwly said:
I think you mean one of these:

I think you will find that is a hoist for materials etc, not a ladder.
A Very useful thing, we had them for loading Ready mix screed onto blocks of flats.
Rodders

I like your imagination and thinking but in reality things are never that simple.

If using it to lift a person rather than materials you will need a guardrail/handrail fixed to the platform, and harnessing points. Rescue plan in place, what happens on motor or battery failure? and a high SWL on all the equipment involved.

Then some means of ensuring that the thing can't tip over sideways or backwards which means fixing or weighting it at the bottom. Cant simply lean it against the wall in a ladder style.

Sorry but I am obviously in a fairly negative mood today :(

Back