My, how the membership has grown!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last time I was here (December 2002) it was a bit quiet ... Now some four and a half years later you have increased the membership and seem to have a good feeling going on. I think will be sticking around for a bit.

It's good to see that Nick (Gibbs) has picked up the ashes of one of the Magazines and looks like he is going to produce something that is worth reading.

Having been heavily involved in writing for several of the 'Other titles' I, among others, have walked away from what was becoming merry-go-round of being pushed to producing articles to appease advertisers...

Still, all that is behind me now but I was wondering who buys the other Magazines and what you like about them.

Woody.

Hi Woody

Glad that you've come back.

Woody":2s6uhzjb said:
Having been heavily involved in writing for several of the 'Other titles' I, among others, have walked away from what was becoming merry-go-round of being pushed to producing articles to appease advertisers...

Do you mind telling us who you are?

Cheers,
Neil

Neil,

I was never part of any 'take-over' I am freelance that way my opinions are my own and if I don't like something I say so. The problem is that more often than not it does not get published for fear of upsetting someone. I have written for several publishers both here in the UK and in America. Some of the stuff that has been appearing in recent editions of Practical Woodworking are just extracts from an American book.

Ralph.

I'm keeping my mouth shut this time , don't want to get told off again ! :lol:
Welcome back to the forum .

Why what did you say last time JFC,... can't remember honest....

Trouble with you JFC is you shoot your mouth off to quickly, you ought to learn to keep it zipped, like what I do....... :lol: :lol:

Four and a half years ago and you still remember it???

Must have been some telling off...

Senior, I don't know what he is talking about either...

Ralph :?

Hi Ralph

Woody":m58q97s3 said:
Some of the stuff that has been appearing in recent editions of Practical Woodworking are just extracts from an American book.

Sorry, bad choice of words. As I had seen you published recently, I assumed that you were still working with the new magazine.

Cheers,
Neil

Hello stranger and welcome (back) to the fold! How've you been keeping?

We've lost Steve and Coggy whilst Simuk is only an occasional visitor these days, but they're still lumbered with me :roll:

Scrit

Woody":141zfze4 said:
Hi all,

Woody.

Is that why my articles kept being returned? They were just individual pieces? Or the American market is different..

W/B Ralph.

John

Back