My first post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Skinner

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have just joined your forum, as it looks like a cracking place to meet and chat to other woodworkers.

A bit about me: I was born and bred in the UK, but moved to Canada four years ago, and have been woodwork for the last three years ( I'm not a PRO but just make things for my home).
The best thing about Canada is that I have a LEE VALLEY STORE just 10 minutes away from me.

And thats about it really.

regards to you all...Graham Skinner...

Welcome! I was born in Goderich, Ontario but moved to the US. Still get up there to visit relatives though, and of course stop in at Lee Valley. We went to the new downtown Toronto location last year. Twas a good trip :D

First things first, Graham--Welcome!
Graham Skinner":nhv21zzp said:
...The best thing about Canada is that I have a LEE VALLEY STORE just 10 minutes away from me.
Ok. Now I can say it. You suck (meant in the most friendly of manner).

I would love to be able to just *visit* one someday. Which is probably all the wallet could handle anyway!

Take care, Mike

Welcome to the forum Graham.

Graham Skinner":2et14vw0 said:
The best thing about Canada is that I have a LEE VALLEY STORE just 10 minutes away from me.

I wish I could say that. Any chance of an Australian expansion Rob? A Sydney store would be great. [-o< :D

Welcome Graham I am about a half an hour away from the London ONTARIO, store and it is great.

You will find the folks here to be nost helpful and reslectful for the most part, welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum. I mostly lurk and listen. I spent a summer up in Peterborough Ontario
when I was a young lad. Beautiful country ya got there.

Thanks fore the very warm welcome guys.

Because LEE VALLEY seems to be such a popular topic on this thread, I think that you should know that I live in North York ( Toronto Area) so I have THREE LEE VALLEY STORES within 45 minutes drive from my place.
You may think that I am gloating !!! but my wallet can only take a certain amount of abuse :cry: .

Thanks again...Graham...

that brings a whole new category to gloating, and introduces the almost extinct drive by 3, repeat 3 drool worthy stores.

and all you foreigners want to come to england to find tools :?
are you mad, canada will suddenly become a haven for englishmen of a certain age and type.

can you imagine the conversation with the wives???

well holiday, how about ontario dear, and maybe lake niagra, better than america, but we still benefit from the exchange rate :roll:

then after a week, "what have you found, you seem much to keen :twisted: "

what's a lee valley shop dear :lol:

paul :wink:

Welcome to the forum, Graham. I think it was one of the Toronto stores I had a tour round - alas it was via a video on the internet and I wasn't allowed to stop and place an order. :( Sigh, if only I had a passport I'd feel a sudden urge to vist my uncle in Ontario I think :wink:

Cheers, Alf

and all you foreigners want to come to england to find tools :?

I thought that I had better update my signature because of that comment :D

God Save The Queen

Graham Skinner":8hfa61vz said:
Thanks fore the very warm welcome guys.

Because LEE VALLEY seems to be such a popular topic on this thread, I think that you should know that I live in North York ( Toronto Area) so I have THREE LEE VALLEY STORES within 45 minutes drive from my place.
You may think that I am gloating !!! but my wallet can only take a certain amount of abuse :cry: .

Thanks again...Graham...

Hi Graham

I can almost understand your plight because there are two of the "wallet vampires" :twisted: (meant in a good way) near me along with a few other companies. Since all Lee Valley stores sell the same product the only reason to enter the second or third is if the first is out of something and you just can't wait another day for it.

But be nice and don't rub it in too much because it's a bit hard on most of the others to read. You can make amends by going down to the store and buying them all a "Little Victor Plane". Shouldn't cost more than a few years pay and they will all feel much better \:D/ . Rob would probably be OK with it, and might even toss in bulk shipping to a central point in each country too! (Better check with him first though.)

Anyway welcome from the west end of the continent.

hi graham,

when are you going to have a BASH hope you have lots of room for the over-nighters. :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodbutcher.

Back